Climbing Escalade Canada is seeking an Executive Director.
Job Title: Executive Director, Climbing Escalade Canada
Terms of Employment: Permanent Fulltime
Job Commencing: August 1, 2018
Climbing Escalade Canada is seeking an individual with excellent management, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills to serve as its Executive Director. We require a
dedicated, experienced not-for-profit leader, who can successfully fulfill the position of Executive Director who is passionate about the sport, and driven by the vision to promote, sustain and develop our organization.
The Executive Director will provide overall management of the day to day operations, in a manner consistent with the goals of the organization and the annual operations plan as approved by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director reports directly to The Board of Directors; and/or an entity the Board of Directors may appoint.
Strategic Planning and Operations
Communication and Public Relations
Human Resource Functions?
- Graduate degree or professional degree in Business Management, Sport Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in not-for-profit organization management and/or fund ?raising
- Proven ability to grasp strategic issues and translate into operational goals and plans
- Proven ability to multi-task major projects on a local, regional, national and ?international level
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and advance multiple projects and priorities
- Manage staff and volunteers effectively
- Skilled facilitator with the ability to interact effectively with groups and individuals with diverse and sometimes conflicting objectives
- Ability to communicate verbally, in writing and to groups of all sizes, on many levels ?including but not limited to: Volunteers, staff, community resources, government, ?media, athletes and the general public
- Proven ability to expand personal and professional skills as organizational demands ?require
- A passion for sport. Knowledge of, and involvement in, World Cup climbing competitions would be an asset.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
Knowledge, Skills, Assets:
- A proactive innovative thinker, with insight on methods to leverage the organization and increase its capacity
- Strong multi-tasking skill set, with the ability to think critically and act logically and professionally under all conditions, publicly and privately
- Detail and client-oriented with the ability to listen, comprehend and respond appropriately to stakeholder’s needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sound level of computer literacy
- Fluency in French would be an asset
The salary range for this position is up to $75,000 for the candidate that fulfills the required skills requirements. This position will have an annual review conducted by the Board of Directors, and/or an entity the Board of Directors may appoint. Must be willing to travel. A criminal background check will be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via email to both the President and Treasurer.
Application Deadline: July 22, 2018
*Note* We thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted