Job Title: 2018 World Championship Team Therapist
Reports To: CEC Medical Officer
CEC (Climbing Escalade Canada) is the National Federation of Sport Climbing in Canada. It was founded in November of 2011 and received official recognition from the International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC) in 2015. It is the job of the CEC to represent Canada on the International Circuit as well as represent Canada at the annual AGM.
The CEC is looking to fill the position of 2018 National Team Therapist for the World Championships in Innsbruck, Austria. The successful applicant will be responsible for monitoring and treating Canadian athletes for the duration of the competition. They will be officially credited at the event as Team Therapist and will be representing the CEC at the event.
The World Championships take place from September 6th to the 16th, the successful candidate must be able to travel internationally, and available from September 3rd to September 17th.
- Supporting the team manager and team coach if needed
- Monitoring physical, mental and emotional health of the athletes
- Providing on-site competition emergency first response athletic injury management as required
- Provide supportive treatment/taping/manual therapy for athletes with existing injuries
- Help athletes obtain further medical attention if needed
- Complete required CEC injury reports and athlete monitoring documentation for each competition attended
- Creating a team dynamic at events and hold athletes accountable to The Athlete Agreement
- Support and encourage athletes during competition
- Bachelor’s, Post-graduate or Professional Degree in Kinesiology, Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, Western Medicine, Massage Therapy, Athletic Therapy or other Healing Arts required
- Sports First Responder and First Aid CPR/AED (Level HCP) required
- Full understanding of the current IFSC rules and regulations an asset
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in both English and French is preferred but not required
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative manner
- Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- $4,000 honorarium
- All expenses including flights and accommodations will be covered by the CEC.
- Applications are due no later than July 10th, 2018
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Dr. Yasser El-Sheikh firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.
Please be ready to submit a criminal record check.