Job Title: 2018 CEC Open Team Manager
Reports To: CEC Board Liaison
Deadline: December 15
The CEC is looking to fill the position of 2018 Open Team Manager. The Open Team manager will be responsible in managing all Canadian athletes at International competitions. They will be officially accredited at all events as Team Manager and will be responsible in representing the CEC at those events.
We are looking to have a manager to be in attendance at all events that Canadians are present. If no single candidate can attend every event, we will be looking for multiple candidates to fill this role. Consistency for athletes is key, so preference will go to those qualified candidates that can attend multiple or majority of events. This is a volunteer position and currently has no funding available.
- Registering the team
- Attend Technical Meeting
- Arrange team dinner (to discuss program, isolation, report variances, give bibs, ect)
- Filming of athletes during competition for review
- Filing appeals (*which will be billed to the CEC)
- Checking results for consistency and accuracy
- Post to CEC social media
- Help athlete obtain medical attention if needed
- Feedback form after competition (pros, cons, appeals filed with receipt)
- Creating a team dynamic at events and hold athletes accountable to the athlete agreement
- Support and encourage athletes
- Attended a minimum of 3 international competitions as an athlete, coach or manager.
- Full understanding of the current IFSC rules and regulations.
- Familiar with the appeal process.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in competition climbing as a competitor, coach or official.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate in both English and French is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative manner
- Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
CEC Board, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include which competitions in the 2018 calendar you can attend. Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview. Please be prepared to submit a criminal record check.
Download as a PDF document here. 2018OpenTeamManager
CEC (Climbing Escalade Canada) is the National Federation of Sport Climbing in Canada. It was founded in November of 2011 and received official recognition from the International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC) in 2015. It is the job of the CEC to represent Canada on the International Circuit as well as represent Canada at the annual AGM.