Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) is seeking a candidate to fill a part time position of High Performance Director.
The High Performance Director (HPD) is responsible for the development, planning, management, and execution of all national team programs and initiatives ensuring consistent and sustained performance excellence at the international level competitions such as:
- Olympic Games (Youth and Open)
- World Championships (Youth and Open)
- World Cups (Open)
- Pan American Championships (Youth and Open)
The HPD will have the initial duty of assisting the CEC in forming the High Performance Committee (HPC).
- High Performance Development
- Plan, oversee, implement and evaluate all elements of CEC’s High Performance program to ensure sustainable excellence by CEC athletes.
- Document goals and program plans in CEC’s strategic, high performance plans.
- prepare and monitor annual budget.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to all high performance program stakeholders.
- Study and analyze international development and performance trends.
- National Team Program
- Plan and implement all national team activities.
- Develop recommended training and development programs for coaches and athletes, providing guidance as needed.
- Develop and implement an athlete monitoring system, including oversight of athlete yearly training plans and annual evaluations.
- Manage the selection of team officials and athletes (Youth and Open), and overseeing preparation plans and logistics for International competitions.
- Coordinate with the CEC’s medical director to ensure athletes are in compliance with the Canadian Anti-Doping Program.
- Oversee CEC’s athlete funding system, including all matters related to securing athlete Assistance Program “carding” via Sports Canada.
- Athlete Pathway Development
- Design a seamless athlete development pathway system designed to ensure the next generation of talent capable of achieving excellence goals.
- Design training and development programming for climbers at the Training to Train, and Training to Compete stages of the LTAD model
- Work with PSO’s and provide assistance and mentoring with regards to athletes, programs and alignment of athlete development systems.
- Devise and implement a talent identification system.
- Design and oversee delivery of appropriate national and provincial athlete development camps and clinics.
- Partnerships and Relationships
- Work collaboratively with the PSO’s and provide assistance and mentorship with regards to athletes, programs, and high performance systems within the provinces.
- Develop positive working relationships within the HPC
- Act as CEC’s representative on high performance matters with partners and stakeholders.
- Prepare annual operating reports, annual applications for financial assistance, and other reports to all funding agencies as required.
- Personnel Management
- Align and support coaches in implementation of performance and training program objectives.
- Manage and coordinate all activities of all National Team Programs coaches, and staff.
- Direct high performance administrative work to members of the HPC
- Technical Leadership and Support
- Provide technical support as required to CEC’s LTAD model, competitive structure, coach development programs, and Canadian ranking system.
- Provide technical support as required to all CEC’s fundraising activities and sponsor servicing.
- Review CEC’s technical performance and provide relevant analysis to the Board of Directors.
- Superior understanding of strategic high performance sport system planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation at the National and International level.
- Dedicated to the sport of climbing, athlete development and excellence, strives to be an industry leader, and embraces opportunity for continuous improvement
- Experience on the international competition stage as a competitor or team official.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team of dedicated professionals in the pursuit of a common goal.
- . Strong leadership and team building skills combined with proven sport management, administrative, and financial abilities gained n sport or other sectors.
- University Degree in Kinesiology, physical education, physiology, sports science, or sport management discipline is an asset.
- A firm commitment to complete all applicable NCCP courses
- Open, transparent, ethical, and professional in all area of interaction and reporting.
- Ability to work independently, maintain tight work schedules.
- Excellent language skills orally and written in English, the ability to work effectively in French is an asset.
Level of Authority
The HPD is accountable for the high performance program and performance results. As such, the HPD is granted a high level of authority in the design, decision making, and implementation of program elements, within the context of the CEC’s strategic and high performance plans, budgets, and policies. The HPD reports directly to the Board of Directors, and is expected to liaise closely with the HPC and National coaches in the development and implementation of programs.
Compensation for the position will based on experience. Please include an expected range in your application.
Please submit your application no later than Nov. 19, 2017 to email@example.com