Selections to HP Events are separate from selections to the High Performance Program (HPP). For each identified HP Event, CEC will select an EVENT TEAMS, which refers to the athletes selected to represent Canada at International and Continental Competitions.
- Event Teams Framework details – 2021-2024 CEC Event Team Selections version 2.1 – october 2021
2022 IFSC World Cup Team Selection Process & Timeline
The Table below details the CEC Team Selection Process and Timeline for the 2022 IFSC World Cup Season.
- Team Selections: Athletes will be selected and invited to join the Event Teams using the criteria published HERE
- 2022 Summary: CEC has a quota of 5 athletes per gender and discipline at each WC for 2022.
- Top 5 from CNR at the time of the Team Selection Date. NOTE: In addition to being top 5 in the CNR, athletes must meet the 2022 minimum performance time to be selected for WC competitions.
- Male 2022 HPP Minimum Performance Time = 6.80s
- Female 2022 HPP Minimum Performance Time = 9.22s
Boulder and Lead
- First 3 quota spots – from respective discipline CNR (i.e. Boulder WC, first 3 selections from Boulder CNR)
- Quota spots 4 and 5 – highest ranked athletes from Combined CNR not already selected via bullet 1 above.
Selections will be made based on the applicable Continuous National Rankings (CNR), including ALL eligible CNR scoring events, as of the Team Selection Date column in the table below.
CEC Staff Support
Due to budget constraints, and prioritization of athlete funding, it may not be possible to send CEC staff to all 2022 World Cup Events. The “CEC staff support” column indicates which events will have CEC staff in attendance. Athletes invited for events without staff support will receive remote support, however, will need to be self-reliant. Athletes should be mindful of this when accepting invitations to join WC event teams.
|Event (Disciplines), Location||Event Dates||Team Selection Date||CEC Staff Support|
|World Cup (B,S), Moscow, RUS||April 1-3||January 12||TBD|
|World Cup (B), Meiringen, SUI||April 8-10||January 12||TBD|
|World Cup (B), Japan (city TBA)||April 29-May 1||March 12||Yes|
|World Cup (B,S), Seoul, KOR||May 6-8||March 12||Yes|
|World Cup (B), Salt Lake City, USA||May 20-22||March 12||Yes|
|World Cup (B,S), Salt Lake City, USA||May 27-29||March 12||Yes|
|World Cup (B,L), Innsbruck, AUT||June 22-25||Lead – March 12
Boulder – May 15
|World Cup (L,S), Villars, SUI||July 1-3||March 12||Yes|
|World Cup (L,S), Chamonix, FRA||July 8-10||March 12||Yes|
|World Cup (L), Briancon, FRA||July 22-23||March 12||TBD|
|World Cup (L), Koper, SLO||September 2-3||July 15||TBD|
|World Cup (L,S), Bali, INA||September 24-26||July 31||Yes|
|World Cup (L,S), Wujiang, CHN||September 30-October 2||July 31||Yes|
*Understandably, considering the ever-changing context of International Travels due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this 2022 World Cup Team Selection Process is subject to change.
Amendments to Event Team Selections
CEC has made amendments to the Event Teams Selection document as a result of the disruptions to the 2021 competition season and some key learnings from the Tokyo Olympic Games. Below is a Summary of the amendments contained in the HPP doc.
A summary of the Amendments contained in All High Performance Program docs is available here.
Summary of Event Team Selections Amendments
Principles and Process
- Amendments and increased detail to 2022 Senior WC Event Team Selections.
- Addition of article to detail Maintenance of Priority Selection status for Olympic and National Squads.
- Clarification to Youth Team Event Teams selection process.