Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) is currently undergoing new and exciting changes that will move Canada’s competitive sport climbing community to be in accordance with the Sport Canada model. CEC has now been federally incorporated as a National Sport Organization (NSO) with a mandate to regulate and promote the development of competition climbing in Canada. Climbing Escalade Canada will provide assistance to athletes, coaches, and event organizers at the national level.
Sport Canada requires that the members of the CEC (as the NSO) are the Provincial or Territorial Sport Organizations (PSO or TSO) and through them the individual athletes, officials and other partners.
There is at least one board member issued from each PSO or TSO who is elected by its members. All CEC Board Members have specific mandates, and are also expected to serve the best interests of the entire Canadian competition climbing community.
Three committees support the CEC board of directors.
- CEC development,
- Athlete Development
- Sport Development
The needed governance transition takes time and CEC does not yet have complete administrative autonomy and still has very restricted financial resources. The Alpine Club of Canada participates and contributes to this transition. ACC had already transferred all decision powers to the CEC board and has now officially transferred the IFSC membership to CEC at the IFSC general assembly the 20th of february 2016.
CEC is an official member of the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) since April 2016
The CEC candidature at Sports Canada is now under study since the IFSC official membership transfer was a requirement for its consideration.
Board of Directors:
- President: Maria Izquierdo; cec.president@climbingcanada.
- Vice-président: Iain Stewart Patterson; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Greg Locke; cec.secretary@climbingcanada.
- Director: Steve Frangos; steve.frangos@
- Director: Tim Vince; cec.openteam@
- Athlete Representative: Sean McColl; cec.athleterep@
- Roles of the different Sport Organizations in Canada
- Committee chart
- Commissions terms of reference
- Oganization Chart
- to contact all board members: email@example.com
- General information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers interested in participating to CEC development are welcome to contact CEC