Climbing Escalade Canada (the CEC) is currently undergoing new and exciting changes that is bringing Canadian competition climbing into accordance with the Sport Canada model. The CEC has been federally incorporated as a National Sport Organization (NSO) with a mandate to regulate and promote the development of competition climbing in Canada. In addition, the CEC provides assistance to athletes, coaches, and event organizers at the national level.
Sport Canada requires that the members of the CEC (as the NSO) are the Provincial or Territorial Sport Organizations (PSO or TSO) and through them the individual athletes, officials and other partners.
There is at least one board member recommended by each PSO or TSO. The Board is elected by the members of the CEC. All CEC Board members have specific mandates and are also expected to serve in the best interests of the entire Canadian competition climbing community. A number of committees support the CEC Board of Directors. The CEC continues to develop its governance structure, administrative capacity and financial resources.
The CEC has been an official member of the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) since April 2016.
2017/18 Board of Directors:
- Steve Frangos, Chair: cec.president@climbingcanada. email@example.com
- Sebastien Powell, Vice Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malek Taleb, Treasurer: cec.treasurer@climbingcanada.
- Greg Locke, Secretary: cec.secretary@climbingcanada.
- Dung Nguyen, Director:
- Sean McColl, Director/AthleteRep: cec.athleterep@
- To contact all Board members: email@example.com
- General information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- High Performance Director: Jeff Thomson
- Director of Coaching Development: Silvia McBurney
- Competition Committee Chair:
- Medical Officer: Dr. Yasser El Sheikh email@example.com
- National Open Team: Tim Vince firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers interested in participating in the development of the CEC are welcome to contact email@example.com
- 2017 AGM Report
- Roles of the different Sport Organizations in Canada
- Committee Chart
- Commissions/Committees Terms of Reference