Climbing Escalade Canada (the CEC) is currently undergoing new and exciting changes that is bringing Canadian competition climbing into accordance with the Sport Canada model. The CEC has been federally incorporated as a National Sport Organization (NSO) with a mandate to regulate and promote the development of competition climbing in Canada. In addition, the CEC provides assistance to athletes, coaches, and event organizers at the national level.
Sport Canada requires that the members of the CEC (as the NSO) are the Provincial or Territorial Sport Organizations (PSO or TSO) and through them the individual athletes, officials and other partners.
There is at least one board member recommended by each PSO or TSO. The Board is elected by the members of the CEC. All CEC Board members have specific mandates and are also expected to serve in the best interests of the entire Canadian competition climbing community. A number of committees support the CEC Board of Directors. The CEC continues to develop its governance structure, administrative capacity and financial resources.
The CEC has been an official member of the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) since April 2016.
Jeff Thompson, Executive Director. Email
Andrew Wilson, High Performance Director. Email
Board of Directors:
- Steve Frangos, Director. Chair.
- Jeannine Mallett, Director. Treasurer, Human Resources.
- Jeff Taylor, Director. Corporate Secretary and Legal.
- Dung Nguyen, Director. Competitions Liaison.
- Greg Locke, Director. Media and Technology.
- Sebastian Powell, Director. Competitions, acting VP.
- Stacey Weldon, Director. Athlete’s Representative.
- To contact all Board members: Email
- General information: Email
- Director of Coaching Development: Silvia McBurney
- Competition Committee Chair: Fred Charron
- Medical Officer: Dr. Yasser El Sheikh, Email
- Media, website, IT, communications inquiries: Greg Locke, Email
- Athlete’s Representative, Stacey Weldon. Email