The purpose of the Athletes’ Commission (AC) is to represent and promote the views and interests of the various athletes of Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) to the CEC’s Board of Directors and management on all issues which directly or indirectly affect athletes. The AC is a group of athletes (former or current) that give recommendations to the CEC board in order to bring the best conditions for open competitors to compete, train and expand in. Discussions in the AC can vary from rules and regulations, quotas, performance, training camps, etc.
An AC is responsible for thinking objectively for the good of all the open athletes in the country. Where possible, the AC should represent the diversity of the sport in Canada, from gender and geography to disciplines. The AC will be primarily geared towards open athletes but will reflect on youth programs and competitions as well.
The AC will be the collective voice of all the CEC’s athletes, regardless of discipline and will assist the organization in its fulfillment of its mission and the pursuit of its vision.
Elections will take place at the Annual General Meeting of the Athletes, to be conducted yearly in May.
FB: CEC- Athletes Commission (@climbingcanadareps)
- PRESIDENT: Stacey Weldon, Retired national team athlete, CEC board of directors with full voting rights (Term 2019-2020) email@example.com
- LEAD REPRESENTATIVE: Becca Frangos, Active CEC athlete (Term 2019-2020) firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOULDER REPRESENTATIVE: Allison Vest, Active CEC athlete (Term 2020-2021) email@example.com
- SPEED REP: Manh Ellis, Active CEC athlete (Term 2019-2020) firstname.lastname@example.org
- MEMBERS AT-LARGE: Samantha Li, Active CEC athlete (Term 2019)