The purpose of the Athletes’ Commission (AC) is to represent and promote the views and interests of the various athletes of Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) to the CEC’s Board of Directors and management on all issues which directly or indirectly affect athletes.
The AC is a group of athletes (former or current) that give recommendations to the CEC board in order to bring the best conditions for competitors to compete, train and expand in. Discussions in the AC can vary from rules and regulations, quotas, performance, training camps, etc. An AC is responsible for thinking objectively for the good of all the athletes in the country.
Where possible, the AC should represent the diversity of the sport in Canada, from gender and geography to disciplines. The AC will be primarily geared towards open athletes but will reflect on youth programs and competitions as well.
The AC will be the collective voice of all the CEC’s athletes, regardless of discipline and will assist the organization in its fulfillment of its mission and the pursuit of its vision.
The Athletes’ Commission representatives election will take place at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the members (licensed athletes).
- Stacey Weldon, President, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Becca Frangos, Lead Representative, Contact: email@example.com
- Allison Vest, Boulder Representative, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manh Ellis, Speed Representative, Contact: email@example.com
- Samantha Li, Territories Representative