Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) is supported in its important mandate by volunteer-based committees, who advise and develop programs for CEC. Committee’s Terms of Reference are available here.
2021 Call for Applications is now OPEN for all of our Volunteer-based Committees. Deadline to apply is April 26, 2021.
- To develop programs and certification levels for officials
- To evaluate and recommend the structure for the National Series events
- To develop the application and selection process for events and officials, this includes the structure of the selection committee.
This committee will be comprised of three sub-committees: Route Setting Sub-Committee, Technical Sub-Committee, Events Sub-Committee 2020-2021 Members
|Route Setting Sub-Committee||Technical Sub-Committee||Events Sub-Committee|
|Simon Parton, BC Kaleb Thomas, QC Fred Charron, QC||Jaime Doyle, BC Paul Ledet, BC Babak Zia, BC Brett Boklaschuk, AB||Jaime Doyle, BC Bob MacDonald, AB Matt Chapman, ON Adrian Das, QC|
- To create, review and revise HP Plan for climbing with the goal of increasing results at International events
- To support HP athletes in all aspects of performance
- To research and analyze current data to support HP initiatives
- Kelly Drager, AB
- Stacey Weldon, AB
- Chris Hinton, BC
- Libor Hroza, BC
- Len Chong, BC
- Christian Core, BC
- Dr. Yasser El-Sheikh, ON
- Patrick Labelle, QC
- To create, review and revise Coach Education Plan for Instruction, Competition Introduction and Competition Development for climbing in Canada.
- Create a National Coach database
- To increase the quality and consistency of coaching at all levels of the sport in Canada.
- Establish/partner annual coaching conference
- To research and evaluate existing coach education modules.
- Adrian Das (ON/QC)
- Christy Spurell (BC)
- Dallas Mix (AB)
- Heather Reynolds (NS)
- Jamie Galloway (ON)
- Nicolas Janelle (QC)
- Pier Olivier Bourdon (QC)
- Silvia McBurney (ON)
- Terry Spurrell (BC)
The goals and objectives of the D&I Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Support CEC in understanding the climbing community current state and challenges regarding Diversity & Inclusion;
- Engage in frequent, candid communication to correct misperceptions about Diversity & Inclusion;
- Review proposed Policies and Actions in respect to Diversity & Inclusion;
- Provide guidance to CEC Management and Directors on all things related to Diversity & Inclusion
- Align with CEC’s Strategic Plan;
- Encourage more diversity & inclusivity within the Canadian climbing community in general and the CEC organization specifically, including, but not limited to, staff, directors, committees, volunteers;
- Develop accountable action items to further the Diversity & Inclusion mandate.
To reach the committee: email@example.com
- Chair – Rasha Taha (ON)
- Yona Al-Tahir (NB)
- Michelle Ang (ON/BC)
- Joy Aqwa (AB)
- Catherine (Cat) Carkner (ON/QC)
- Grace Cho (ON)
- Caroline McNamee (BC)
- Rahul Sapra (ON)
- Tosh Sherkat (BC)
This new committee will be launched in 2021.
- Researching and reporting on rules and regulations surrounding para-sports;
- Researching access barriers and solutions;
- Developing a climbing para-athlete Long Term Athlete Development & Pathway;
- Working with the IFSC to endorse and implement para-climbing classifications;
- Developing para-athlete identification system;
- Aligning with CEC’s Strategic Plan;
- Developing accountable action items to further the para-climbing inclusion mandate; and,
- Supporting other initiatives as requested by the ED and/or CEC board of directors (the “Board”).