Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) is supported in its important mandate by volunteer-based committees, who advise and develop programs for CEC. Committee’s Terms of Reference are available here.
- To develop programs and certification levels for officials
- To evaluate and recommend the structure for the National Series events
- To develop the application and selection process for events and officials, this includes the structure of the selection committee.
This committee will be comprised of three sub-committees: Route Setting Sub-Committee, Technical Sub-Committee, Events Sub-Committee.
Staff Lead: Christiane Marceau, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: Paul Ledet, BC
Babak Zia, BC
Bob MacDonald, AB
Fred Charron, QC
Jaime Doyle, BC
Kaleb Cooper-Thomas, QC
Oscar Lanzagorta Sanchez, QC
Sebastian Powell, BC
Shu Li, BC
Simon Parton, BC
- To create, review and revise HP Plan for climbing with the goal of increasing results at International events
- To support HP athletes in all aspects of performance
- To research and analyze current data to support HP initiatives
Staff lead: Andrew Wilson, email@example.com
Adrien Mayost, ON
Dr. Yasser El-Sheikh, ON
Jeff Thomson, BC
Kelly Drager, AB
Len Chong, BC
Melanie Marier, BC
Patrick Labelle, QC
Stacey Weldon, AB
- To create, review and revise Coach Education Plan for Instruction, Competition Introduction and Competition Development for climbing in Canada.
- Create a National Coach database
- To increase the quality and consistency of coaching at all levels of the sport in Canada.
- Establish/partner annual coaching conference
- To research and evaluate existing coach education modules.
Chair: Olivia Wyett, ON
Adrian Das, ON/QC
Brianna McMahon ON
Dallas Mix, AB
Heather Reynolds, NS
Jamie Galloway, ON
Nicolas Janelle, QC
Silvia McBurney, ON
The goals and objectives of the D&I Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Support CEC in understanding the climbing community current state and challenges regarding Diversity & Inclusion;
- Engage in frequent, candid communication to correct misperceptions about Diversity & Inclusion;
- Review proposed Policies and Actions in respect to Diversity & Inclusion;
- Provide guidance to CEC Management and Directors on all things related to Diversity & Inclusion
- Align with CEC’s Strategic Plan;
- Encourage more diversity & inclusivity within the Canadian climbing community in general and the CEC organization specifically, including, but not limited to, staff, directors, committees, volunteers;
- Develop accountable action items to further the Diversity & Inclusion mandate.
Chair: Joy Aqwa, AB
Ana Paula Becerra, ON
Caroline McNamee, BC
Catherine (Cat) Carkner, QC
Naomi Maldonado-Rodriguez, BC
Olivia Wyett, ON
Rahul Sapra, ON
Rasha Taha, ON
Yona Al-Tahir, ON
This new committee will be launched in 2021.
- Researching and reporting on rules and regulations surrounding para-sports;
- Researching access barriers and solutions;
- Developing a climbing para-athlete Long Term Athlete Development & Pathway;
- Working with the IFSC to endorse and implement para-climbing classifications;
- Developing para-athlete identification system;
- Aligning with CEC’s Strategic Plan;
- Developing accountable action items to further the para-climbing inclusion mandate; and,
- Supporting other initiatives as requested by the ED and/or CEC board of directors (the “Board”).
Chair: Wayne Gearey, AB
Aurelie Suberchicot, QC
Babak Zia, BC
Brent Goodman, BC
Emma Gagne, ON
Sarah Thorne, ON
Steven Vosburgh, QC