What are HP Competitions?
HP Competitions are an important component of the CEC’s High Performance Program. These invitation-only events are designed to create a step between Senior Nationals and International competitions. The primary objectives of HP comps are:
- Present a competition environment that represents the level of international competitions.
- Provide an additional domestic opportunity to earn CNR points.
- Provide a development opportunity (benchmarking) for athletes, staff and other CEC officials.
Who is invited to attend HP Competitions?
Invitations for HP Competitions are according to the criteria and process detailed in High Performance Program document (CEC-HP-01).
2023 HP Competition Schedule
- HP Competition – Boulder / January 28-29, Richmond Olympic Oval, Richmond, BC
- HP Competition – Lead / Dates and Location TBA
- HP Competition – Speed / Dates and Location TBA
HP Competition – Boulder Info Sheet
- Date: January 28-29, 2023
- Venue: Richmond Olympic Oval, 6111 River Rd, Richmond, BC V7C 0A2
- Recommended Accommodation: Executive Hotel Vancouver Airport, 7311 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC V6X 1A3
- Discipline: Boulder
- Cost: $150
- Technical Delegate – TBA
- Jury President – TBA
- CEC Judge – TBA
- Route Setters – Maelys Agrapart (FRA), Ayo Sopeju (CAN)
- Additional Route Setters – TBA
FORMAT AND SCHEDULE
The HP Competition formats and schedules detailed below have been created with the following event objectives in mind:
- To allow for evaluation of athlete readiness relative to the demands at the IFSC World Cup Level;
- To allow for enough data points for ALL participants to have a fair chance to show this readiness.
- 9 boulders cumulative score over 2 days. All athletes compete on all 9 boulders.
- Friday, January 27th
- 7:00pm – Technical Meeting
- Saturday, January 28th – Day 1
- 7:00 am – Open Isolation
- 8:30 am – 5 Boulders: 5 on 5 off – standard IFSC isolation qualifying format
- Sunday, January 29th – Day 2
- 7:00 am – Open Isolation
- 8:30 am – 4 Boulders: 5 on 5 off – standard IFSC isolation qualifying format
- 2:30 pm – Bonus Session on Comp Boulders with Setter feedback and observations (this session is not judged and does not contribute to event results or national rankings)
- We are happy to welcome all coaches/team officials to this event. To access the field of play including isolation, coaches must be registered and screened with CEC.
- To address capacity limitations, only 1 support person per athlete will be allowed in isolation.
- Coaches must Register through this Google Form:
Official Hotel: Executive Hotel Vancouver Airport
Location: 7311 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC V6X 1A3