The ongoing and changing world of COVID-19 has impacted both domestic and international competition environments in 2021. These impacts and some key learnings from the Tokyo Olympic experience have necessitated an extensive re-examination of the CEC HPP structure. The following groups were included in this process:
- CEC High Performance Committee
- CEC Athlete Commission
- Sport System Partners (OTP, COC)
Below is a summary of amendments to the following documents (click to see full docs):
- 2021-2024 CEC HPP version 2.2
- 2021-2024 Continuous National Ranking (CNR) v2.1
- 2021-2024 Event Team Selections v2.1
Summary of Amendments
Benefits and Support
- Change to clarify priority selection for Olympic and National Squads
Selection to HPP
- Amendments to HPP Entry Points for 2022 only.
- Minor changes to wording in introduction to clarify timelines
- Increased detail in Selection Criteria for Olympic Squad.
- Amendments and Clarification to HP Competition Invitations.
- Addition of Definitions
Calculation of the Continuous National Ranking
- Amendments to Expiration of Points and Event Limits.
- Amendments and Clarification to Size of Field, Points Cut-Offs and Strength of Field Calculations.
- Amendments to Combined CNR Calculations.
Position Points Tables and Example CNR Calculations
- All points tables and example calculations moved to New Section at End of document for increased readability in upper sections.
Principles and Process
- Amendments and increased detail to 2022 Senior WC Event Team Selections.
- Addition of article to detail Maintenance of Priority Selection status for Olympic and National Squads.
- Clarification to Youth Team Event Teams selection process.
Please direct questions to Andrew Wilson – High Performance Director: email@example.com