December 20, 2019 – Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) is seeking one (1) qualified candidate for the position of:
Team Therapist – 2020 Youth National Team Program (YNTP).
This is a volunteer engagement which will involve the treatment of lead, bouldering and speed athletes in preparation for the Youth World Championships. The Team Therapist will be part of the Team Canada Officials, which also includes the National Coach, Assistant Coaches and Team Manager.
PLEASE NOTE: The Team Therapist must attend the training camp and travel with the youth national team to the WYCH.
Team Canada Officials will work together to provide the best conditions possible for athletes to prepare and compete at the WYCH. The team officials will undertake the following roles:
The 2020 Youth World Championships Squad will travel and stay together with the selected team officials. Parents will not be required to travel or chaperone their athletes during the event. Parents who choose to attend the YWCH will not stay with the team. Consequently, team officials will also have the responsibility to chaperone athletes for the entirety of the competition.
- The National Coach is responsible for: the overall administration of the program; gathering input from, and giving direction to, the team officials; team building; all team logistics; all technical and training components; and, supervising all athletes during the selection camp and WYCH. The Head Coach is also a member of the Youth National Team Program selection committee.
- The Team Manager is responsible for: coordinating the team application process; researching, planning, and coordinating all travel, accommodation, transportation and meals for the selection camp and WYCH.
- The Assistant Coaches are responsible for: assisting in the coordination of the training program for all athletes (lead, bouldering and speed) and the training days leading up to the WYCH; preparation of all athletes during the WYCH; and, supervising all athletes during the selection camp and WYCH. The Assistant Coaches are also members of the Youth National Team Program selection committee.
- The Team Therapist is responsible for: developing an injury prevention program for all athletes (lead, bouldering and speed); assessing and monitoring the physical health of all athletes; providing on-site medical response as required; working with the athlete’s personal health providers when necessary; and, supervising all athletes during the training camp and at the WYCH.
Term of Engagement: The successful candidate will be engaged to provide services until Sep 10th/2020. The CEC and the successful candidate may choose to extend the service period provided the CEC is satisfied with the candidate’s performance.
Compensation: Travel, accommodation, and meal expenses for the selection camp and for the individual(s) travelling to the WYCH as determined.
Application Deadline: January 3, 2020 midnight PST
The successful candidate will be notified no later than Jan 7/2020.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to the CEC High Performance Director: email@example.com
Youth National Team: Team Therapist
Successful candidates will possess:
- a membership in good standing with the Canadian Athletic Therapist Association (preferred), the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, certification as a Registered Massage Therapist, or equivalent
- a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with youth athletes and teams at least at the Provincial level (required) or National level (preferred)
- excellent people skills (required)
- excellent ability to work with others in a team with varied opinions and approaches (required)
- the ability to work with other coaches and athletes of all age groups (required)
- the ability to work with coaches of other countries (required)
- bilingual in English and French oral and written communication (preferred)
- a Criminal Record Check (required)
The successful candidate will be expected to attend the following:
- Youth National Team Program Selection Camps: Boulder, Mar 4-7, Kanata, ONT
Lead/Speed, June 5-8, Richmond, BC
- World Youth Championships (WYCH): Voronezh, Russia – August 23-31, 2020
Other responsibilities may include, but may not be limited to:
- monitoring the athletes’ overall health and wellness (physical and emotional)
- supervising the athletes both at and away from the competition venue, including helping with transportation, food and other nurturing needs of the athletes
- contributing to each athletes’ debrief at the end of the training camp and WYCH
- assisting with all team functions
- attending all team officials’ meetings
- contributing to team planning through the team officials’ Facebook group
- contributing to the final report after the WYCH
Climbing Escalade Canada encourages diversity in our sport and workplace and seeks applications from all qualified persons. Bilingual in French and English will be an asset.